Friday, January 27, 2006

Friday morning's breakfast

Okay, for breakfast this morning, I had a big bowl of Life cereal, with 1% milk. I know it's big because it's probably a double serving. Ever serve yourself an actual suggested serving of cereal? It's tiny, trust me!

After the cereal, I had three slices of 7 grain whole wheat toast with Kraft smooth peanut butter. How much peanut butter? I have no idea, just that the slices were covered pretty well. Also had a mug of Maxwell House half-decaf coffee.

My wake-up glucose reading was 6.1. I'm trying to think back as to why...my readings should be in the 5 range. Could it be the slice of Jello low fat chocolate pie I had last night? It's usually okay since the chocolate part is made with Jello low fat sugarless pudding mix. But it's possible it's the graham cracker crust.

I'll try to post a picture of the supper I had last night. It was good, mixed vegetables (red peppers, zucchini, onions, mushrooms) stirfried with two shots of canola oil mist, used some spices (ground basil, parsley, flakes of garlic and onions). Placed it on a bed of romaine lettuce and added a can of tuna (water-based). As dressing I used 1 tablespoon of Mayonnaise, since it has less fat than the Kraft balsamic dressing.

When I got to the office, I made myself a cappuccino (basically espresso coffee with frothed milk - the milk was 2% milk, can't control that) I had that coffee around 9:30 am. I didn't bring a lunch today, so I'll see if I can pick up a Lean Cuisine low fat frozen meal. That about it for now!

No comments: