Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Cooking for the family - Chicken Cacciatore

Tonight I made a great and easy Chicken Cacciatore for the family. I found it on this website. It's really simple to make, and the whole family enjoyed it. I modified the recipe a bit, since I didn't have all the ingredients. For example, I didn't have the white wine (cooking wine), bay leaf, oregano or tomato sauce. So I substituted the tomato sauce with a can (32-oz.) of diced tomatoes. Because of that, I didn't need the whole plum tomatoes that the recipe calls for. Also, instead of oregano, I used thyme. What really matters is that it's a healthy meal, and the kids enjoyed it!

For those who are diabetic, like myself, here are a few sites for easy recipes specifically for diabetics:
Diabetic Gourmet Magazine - Recipes
Sugar Free and Diabetic Recipes
InformationAboutDiabetes.com - Diabetic Recipes

As of this evening, my lingering headache has passed. But my sinuses are still stuffed up. Think I'll take some Tylenol Sinus before going to bed tonight. Up until now, I've been able to drink 1.5 litres of water today, along with a medium iceberg salad (which we all know is basically water).

No comments: