Thursday, February 02, 2006

Bad, bad day!!!

OK, I started the day, full of promise. Got to the office early thinking that I would put in a good day....that's when the day went from great to horrible! Fired up the ol' trusty dual G5...system just doesn't want to boot. After the login screen, the system just hangs with the rainbow swirl icon just staring back at me. Tried fixing permissions with a 10.3 system CD...nothing! OK, at this point I thought the worse. I drove back home, picked up the portable hard drive and ALL my system and application CDs, just in case I would need to wipe out the computer and start from scratch. To make a long story short, I was able to boot up in Safe Mode (by holding down the SHIFT key right after the startup chimes) and that seemed to have fixed the problem. Ran Disk Utility a couple of times (from the OS and startup CD) and it fixed the problems. I'm thinking of getting a copy of DiskWarrior, which I heard is one of the best disk repair utilities out there for the Mac platform. Anyhow, now that I have the computer working again (and it's now 4:45 pm and I wasted the whole day away), I'm now about to start my day working!

No comments: